Metal Building Systems Erector
Location: Edmonton & Fort McMurray
Metal Building System Erectors work on steel framed metal buildings generally referred to as pre-engineered buildings
They erect pre-engineered buildings and sometimes perform reconstructive work on existing structures.
In general, Metal Building System Erectors:
- Read blueprints and specification to lay out the work
- Unload and stack steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed
- Erect and install scaffolding, construction cranes and other hoisting equipment
- Align and bolt steel units in place
- Erect structural and architectural metal components for buildings, and other structures
- Assemble rigging (cables, pulleys, hooks) to move materials
- Attach cables from a crane and direct crane operators with hand signals or radios
- Assemble and erect pre=fabricated metal structures
- Install ornamental and other structural metal work such as curtain walls and metal cladding products
- Dismantle structures and equipment when required
Prior experience as a metal system building erector.
Successful Metal Building System Erectors enjoy developing their expertise by doing precise work in a broad range of industries and locations. They enjoy the outdoors and often like travelling and working with different crews.
Training / Education
We get competitive wages and benefits, that's for sure, with regular pay increases.