Location: Edmonton, AB
Estimating responsibilities include:
- site investigation
- quantity/material take-offs
- general square foot take-offs
- checking estimates for extensions, accuracy, & errors
- budgeting & cost control
Tendering responsibilities include:
- evaluating subtrade quotations
- recommending subtrades
- tender finalization
- delivering tender & attending tender opening
- compiling & condensing successful & unsuccessful tenders
5 years estimating, controls and/or engineering experience in commercial construction. Advanced knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques, cost control, conceptual budgeting and the ability to interpret computerized cost data/systems is essential.
Skilled, loyal, entrepreneurial staff will always be Clark Builders' foundation.
Training / Education
Diploma or Degree in Construction Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience.
Clark Builders has run both my sons through an apprenticeship program. They've both worked for other companies, and they always come back. They say there's no comparison.