Location: Fort McMurray
The Project Inspector is responsible for the implementation and continual improvement of the Corporate Quality Control Program for project based work. The Project Inspector will provide functional QA/QC support to a project(s). This position will also implement all Corporate QA/QC programs/activities to the project(s) assigned. The Project Inspector will report to the Corporate QA Manager.
- Work with the project team to implement site specific QA/QC plans as per the Construction Quality Plan (CQP).
- Implement Quality Assurance programs for the assigned project.
- Monitor and report Quality System non-compliance; take corrective and preventive action and make recommendations where additional resources are required.
- Maintain audit and compliance processes and infrastructure to meet regulatory and client requirements.
- Implement at the project level, consistent quality control policies, procedures, processes and guidance, in keeping with best practice and make recommendations on their application.
- Participate in QC training that addresses strategic priorities, regulatory requirements and growth of Clark Builders Quality.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with industry associations, client QC representatives, regulators and key stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for continuous quality improvements and implement programs to deliver these.
- Witness of subcontractors testing/inspections as identified in the ITP.
- Provide trouble-shooting expertise to manage any and all quality related issues that arise.
- Adhere to Clark Builders’ policies and procedures and those of the client.
- A minimum of 2-5 years working knowledge within Quality Assurance techniques and programs
- Building envelope experience preferred
- Must demonstrate a collaborative attitude in working with members of a team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead a project using own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships and handle sensitive and critical situations and issues.
- Effective problem solvers, and possess analysis skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the construction sector.
- Excellent computer skills are essential.
- Strong understanding and interpreting of Isometric, P&ID drawings and construction contract documents.
Training / Education
- A related technical degree, diploma or trade certificate.
- Internal auditor designation preferred
It's employee owned.
President & CEO