Location: Fort McMurray
The Project Inspector is responsible for the implementation and continual improvement of the Corporate Quality Control Program for project based work. The Project Inspector will provide functional QA/QC support to a project(s). This position will also implement all Corporate QA/QC programs/activities to the project(s) assigned. The Project Inspector will report to the Corporate QA Manager.
- Work with the project team to implement site specific QA/QC plans as per the Construction Quality Plan (CQP).
- Implement Quality Assurance programs for the assigned project.
- Monitor and report Quality System non-compliance; take corrective and preventive action and make recommendations where additional resources are required.
- Maintain audit and compliance processes and infrastructure to meet regulatory and client requirements.
- Implement at the project level, consistent quality control policies, procedures, processes and guidance, in keeping with best practice and make recommendations on their application.
- Participate in QC training that addresses strategic priorities, regulatory requirements and growth of Clark Builders Quality.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with industry associations, client QC representatives, regulators and key stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for continuous quality improvements and implement programs to deliver these.
- Witness of subcontractors testing/inspections as identified in the ITP.
- Provide trouble-shooting expertise to manage any and all quality related issues that arise.
- Adhere to Clark Builders’ policies and procedures and those of the client.
- A minimum of 2-5 years working knowledge within Quality Assurance techniques and programs
- Building envelope experience preferred
- Must demonstrate a collaborative attitude in working with members of a team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead a project using own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships and handle sensitive and critical situations and issues.
- Effective problem solvers, and possess analysis skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the construction sector.
- Excellent computer skills are essential.
- Strong understanding and interpreting of Isometric, P&ID drawings and construction contract documents.
Training / Education
- A related technical degree, diploma or trade certificate.
- Internal auditor designation preferred
We have a responsible salary range, we have a bonus range and for people who have been at Clark Builders awhile and proven themselves, we have an employee ownership program. The performance bonus coupled with employee ownership when everybody is paddling in the same direction can be pretty darn good.
Vice President, Project Development