Progressive Aboriginal Relations Program
We are pleased to announce Clark Builders’ commitment to the Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) program.
We value our longstanding relationships with Indigenous communities throughout our 47-year history and recognize that accepting the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada’s call to action required a more formalized and concentrated approach.
The role of Clark Builders’ Indigenous Relations Working Committee (IRWC) is to formally develop proactive plans, practices, and policies that establish Clark Builders as a recognized leader in corporate performance for Indigenous relations.
Based on the principles of the Clark Builders Progressive Indigenous Relations Strategic Plan, the IRWC’s mandate is to focus on furthering our strengths, contributions and leadership across five pillars:
- Indigenous cultural awareness, education, and respect within Clark Builders
- Recruitment, training, mentoring and retention of Indigenous team members
- Project development support and realization for Indigenous community infrastructure needs
- Inclusive and supportive procurement practices for capacity building with Indigenous community subcontractors and suppliers
- Development of long-term Indigenous community partnerships and sustainable economic development opportunities
PAR is a certification program that provides a high level of assurance through the independent, third-party verification of company reports on measurable outcomes and initiatives in four performance areas: Leadership Actions, Employment, Business Development, and Community Relations (Engagement and Support).
The work of our IRWC and the participation in the PAR program indicates our commitment to continual improvement with Indigenous community relations and our intention to undergo external verification of our future performance.